2005: A European Odyssey in Pictures

Bonjour! This is a photoblog to chronicle my exploits in Europe in May/June 2005. On it you will find professional-quality photographs, mixed in with my own trademark irreverent commentary. It's like being in Europe... with a particularly quirky tour guide. Bon appetit!

Name:
Location: Greensboro, North Carolina, United States

Monday, July 18, 2005

Day 1: May 18 (London)

The following are pics from my first day in London. I arrived at Heathrow Airport at 6:20 in the morning Greenwich Meridian Time or local time, 1:20 am EST. I was ready to go to bed, but the day was just starting. I was able to persuade myself for a while that I had slept on the plane and it really was the next morning, but my body refused to believe such a pleasant fiction for long.

I was dismayed when I gave $92 dollars to the exchange person at the airport and got back only 42 pounds! The pound is even stronger than the Euro. I was further dismayed when it took 16 pounds to get from the airport to my youth hostel on the south side of London in the Lambeth district. When I got to the Journey's Waterloo hostel about 9:20, I found out I couldn't check in until 2:00. Hmm... What to do in the meantime?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home